"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Friday, June 3, 2011

Scraps

Woke this morning with hops and photo's on my mind.

Quickly pushed the thoughts away to go back to sleep, they kept creeping back in so I finally gave in and crawled out of bed to write just two words down on a scrap of paper that I flipped over.

Meeker
Photo's

Two words so that I could recall two different thought processes from waking.

I find that feeling disconcerting; a thought or an idea on the fringe of your memory. You can feel it but not recollect it. If I stop and make note of it, I find it easier to recall. A couple of times this week this happened where I needed to do something or thought of an idea and forgot....

'Ah hell,' it happens everyday.

But some days I'm a bit smarter by doing the notes to self and recognizing the thought process behind them. Last night while driving home, I came up fast behind a truck and slowed down, the speed limit was forty-five and that is what I was doing, however the fella in front of me was doing twenty-five tops. My first thought was; has to be an old man and it was as having finally made it to the end of the road after following behind him for five blocks, I glanced into his rig while exiting to the right of him. But it made me sad; my over active mind thinking what if he had Alzheimer's and was lost and panicking. Picturing him lost in a thought and suddenly waking to find himself driving and not knowing where he was and imagining my feelings of lost thoughts amplified by disease. So this morning I thought 'going to keep that mind active by writing down key words.'


So the thoughts behind the words above: (so I remember) I have been researching and writing about hop's and recalled reading a story about the Meeker fellow whose mansion resided in the verdant green valley below my first house in Auburn. He grew hops in the early 1900's and I woke with the thought 'hey' I could incorporate that scrap of information in my book, set in Prosser. Then I wrote; photo's, I had this disturbing idea cross my mind, about how creepy they really are and did not want to lose the thread of it. (Character quirk for book is all I'm going to say about that one.)


Scraps

No comments:

Post a Comment