"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Saturday, July 20, 2013

Clearing the mechanism

Sometimes it takes getting away from the norm to get into the world I need to be in. Yesterday I went with Nick out to The Hootenany Ranch. I set up my perch on Jackson's deck with a beer and my laptop and my view is as shown below. The day was very hot but with a heavy breeze. I started writing a scene from a new book idea based on a dream that I blogged about awhile back called 'Endtime'. The scene is part of a thought and conversation with a fisherman from years ago and as I sat looking over the river that thought returned to me and I decided to use the kernel and this location for the book.

The river, the location everything was perfect.

An odd note... is that as I started in on this new book, I realized the characters name was also Jackson. Now that was a bit spooky, but right... all in the same moment.

As Nick finished working he came and sat down with us on the porch. Jackson, Nick, Keith, me and Simone in that order sat at the porch bar that overlooks the river and chatted. It came up that I had been writing and they asked about publishing as people always do. I tried back in December but not real hard, what writing really is too me is clearing the mechanism so that I don't have all the voices in my head.

We packed up and headed to town, stopping at the Brick for a cocktail and to order a Pizza from Village. We took the pizza home, ate and then headed down to the Eagles to watch the Mariners game. We stopped into the Pasttime as we headed home to see if the garden had been watered then decided to head home to water our garden and return for the band 'The Of.' I hopped in the shower and washed my lake from the day before and now river hair, then put on make-up and a cute outfit.

My favorite moment of the day came when Nick and I were sitting at a table at the Pasttime and Shiela showed up drunk and spewing her hatred. At one point he leans into me and says, "I liked watching you today, writing. You would look up and stare at the river, talk to yourself a bit and then nod and start writing, it was cool." I glanced over at him with wonder, because their is nothing I needed more then at that moment then to know that he was watching me without me knowing it and it was the sweetest thing to say while she sat across from us spewing her angst. 

I believe I had a hard time keeping my mouth shut at that table and probably have made an enemy. But after the last two days, I'm comfortable knowing what my man needs and wants. So I will be the better behaved classy woman and sting her when appropriate because the thing she wants most is mine anyway and that is the sweetest revenge.



No comments:

Post a Comment