"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Poultice



Poultice

I woke this morning with that word on my lips and in my mind. I got out of bed and turned on my computer and then realized what the hell I was doing and made myself go back to bed for a bit.

I lay there between sleep and awake and it was Curador that was consuming me in my sleep last night or early this morning. Poultice. She (Juliet) would make one and the smell would wake him. That was really my thought process. Then suddenly it was for an old lady in her neighborhood and I knew what I needed to write next.

I got out of bed and had my morning cigarette and while my ass sat on the cold concrete steps, more thoughts and ideas crept in. Susanna... I have been long struggling with her as a character suddenly made an appearance. While she was an Aunt... she had been born in 1907. It's possible to be alive at one hundred these people and older are on TV all the time....

Smuckers.
Willard Scott.
The Today show.

All these ideas poured through me. Wow. Researching poultices now and a lot of the time they are made with cabbage. Interesting did not know that...but love how my thoughts of the smell would wake him. And God knows the stinky ass smell of cabbage cooking is pretty eventful.

Also people post on You tube, videos of their family members on the Today's show smuckers jars for their birthdays and found one that was a hundred and five.... it's possible....

Also... I guess the cabbage does not need to be cooked... hmmm.

External applications of raw cabbage can be helpful in encouraging local circulation thus relieving lymphatic congestion and reducing inflammation. They can also help to draw out infected matter and toxins from the body. They are useful in the treatment of arthritis, chest infections, laryngitis, tonsillitis, mastitis, lymphatic blockages, tumors, gangrene, sciatica or other nerve pains and skin infections. 

MAKING A CABBAGE POULTICE
* Finely chop green cabbage sufficient for the area to be treated.
* Place the cabbage in a blender with just enough water to make a thick paste.
* Spread the cabbage paste 1" thick over a piece of cheesecloth, muslin or a clean tea towel. The size should be sufficient to cover the desired part of the body.
* Place the cloth, cabbage side onto the skin, over the area to be treated.
* Cover with a clean, dry cloth then wrap the whole area in a thick towel or wool flannel cloth.
* Leave the cabbage poultice in place for 15 to 60 minutes depending on the severity of the condition and the reactions of the person. It is intended that the treated area should get red and warm but no burning should be allowed to occur. If the person becomes uncomfortable then remove the poultice and wash the area with cool water.
* Have the person lie down and rest for the duration of the application.
* After removing the poultice wash the area with tepid water.
* The cabbage poultice can be repeated two or three times daily as needed, using fresh cabbage each time.




So off and writing again....

No comments:

Post a Comment