"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Monday, November 11, 2013

Essence

Essence: The basic, real, and invariable nature of a thing or its significant individual feature or features.

I love that word. In writing today my words.. I called and asked Nick if I could use the essence of him, the part of him that writes, creates and sings songs out of the blue. I want two characters in my book to have that talent. Her Father and the main character. He said he would be honored.

So today I have wrote about that essence, the essence of Nick and his significant and individual talent of laying in bed, sitting on the couch wrapped in a towel, sitting on the toilet while I would take a bath and just write, sing or create a song. One for himself or one for me, pulling it out of thin air and making me smile with how much he liked me or making me laugh my ass off or making my heart melt with the beauty of the music he had in his head.

And this song always makes me think about the music in his head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4keD5Qvya4&list=RD9JkdBnT7j2I


Bittersweet another word I just love. The bittersweet memories of those very sweet moments with him are a treasure. And as I fight back longing for those moments while I write and think of him. It is also the bad memories and the heartbreak that is fitting for the somber mood of this book. Bittersweet...Because even though I'm talking about Nick in a blog today as if I saw him. I haven't. After the promise I made myself to have him pick up the rest of his stuff. After changing his address.

I also asked him to not come by anymore to visit, I just don't want to see him. 



No comments:

Post a Comment