"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Icicles & Holidays



The blizzards arrival was slow and steady, building slowly so that when it finally got here it still surprised us. It was similar to waiting for a baby, or presents. Sunday night at about nine pm it descended into white madness and left us feeling giddy and excited into Monday. Amazon closed its doors at 4pm on Monday because of the storm and I had a lovely evening at home making homemade won tons with the Mom. On my favorite authors blog she wrote about journals. I love blank journals and filling them with words, thoughts and complaints. Bits and pieces of life intertwined with the words; business cards, movie tickets, fortunes and other trinkets. So I have decided that this weekends blog will be somewhat of a diary format.

Started an ass kissing quilt as my FLS has deemed it. I did not consciously try to impress my Mom I just wanted the damn quilt.

11-24&25-10
I'm hovering at the precipice of holidays, I have a lazy morning and then the afternoon shift and then three lovely days off to spend with family. I love the time with them but at some point the traditions and the work involved get overwhelming and I long for a holiday on holidays. Dishes, table dressing and the chauvinism combined with all the work. I want to whine; and then need to step away from it all for a break only to begin to think a lovely dinner in some quaint restaurant sounds much more comforting and very logical.

11-26-10
This morning is the middle of the three day holiday for me. Made a fine breakfast of potato pancakes, bacon and poached eggs topped with sauteed mushrooms and onions. I have some chores to do; but my eyes are irritated causing me to long for moist eyes upon awakening from a nap with my current book tucked under my chin. Can I pull off this fantasy today, making it my reality? Hmmm. I have many things I want to do but the thought of the wretched Black Friday insane shoppers makes me want to stay in. With the amount of silent bitching going on in my head right now, it might be best to send myself to bed. On the other hand perhaps the true problem lies in the voices in my head, that have been screaming for weeks to be put on paper so the solution is most likely to nap and order the thoughts and write.

Went out and about and took Miss O to her first theater experience. The objects flying towards her in 3D made her toss her glasses off lickety split, but we all enjoyed the new Disney movie 'Tangled' and as we made the jaunt home I announced to the car of women, "Next year I plan to be Rapunzel for Halloween." Olivia said "Ohhh, me too, Aunt Shanie." That's my girl!

11-27-10
This morning I made the final holiday breakfast of sausage patties, frittata and homemade cinnamon rolls. With homemade cream cheese icing FLS request. G-Unit inhaled it all for a nice change of pace. Also someone special returned from the last frontier and we had a long morning chat. :)

Built a snowman with Miss O, and she felt he needed family. So we had to make a Mommy and baby snowman to go with the original. After that they packed up their copious amounts of stuff and headed for the sound. So, with fresh air and exercise catapulting creative thoughts into my head I headed for the pages and wrote a nice while. Now... I have an event to attend with my Mermaid and Spanish Princess; Mermaid and Pimp Posse have invited us to their family party. A Chinese gift exchange, got the hair did and shopped the house for some regifting.

Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments:

Post a Comment