"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Saturday, December 4, 2010

My Boudoir


"Historically, the boudoir formed part of the private suite of rooms of a lady, for bathing and dressing, adjacent to her bedchamber, being the female equivalent of the male cabinet. In later periods, the boudoir was used as a private drawing room, and was used for other activities, such as embroidery or spending time with one's romantic partner."


This past month I have not had much time to write for myself other than the blog. Life intrudes in the usual ways; the unexpected and the sad but true. My G-unit is slowly fading out of his life and worsens more everyday so I stay close to help my weary parents. I have three jobs and balancing those consume me; and then the simple pleasures of friends, balanced with the joy of my children, combined... all these things pull me away from my stories that are put on hold for the moment. Another thing that has me sidetracked, is a romantic life. One of the best parts of it, is the writing involved. We email long notes, and last night on the phone we were discussing bedrooms.

When I first started thinking about this blog this morning; I seriously thought I would write it about sex, since that is what I woke up with on my mind. Sex, pure pleasurable sex. I need some bad. But the more I laid in bed thinking about sex, my mind kept moving onto other things that revolve around it. The bedroom, the boudoir. One of my favorite places to be. Bedrooms are my retreat; an oasis of comfort, warmth and all my favorite things. A great man, a great book, soft warm sheets and perhaps a bath and the best thing that it always ends with....sleep. It is my favorite place to write. And at this exact moment in time while I'm writing this I'm laying in my bed, laptop on my lap, feet tucked into warmed sheets and blankets. Thoughts exploding out of my head, fighting to get out so that at some point I can take a nap.

My fantasy bedroom, would be like above in the definition of boudoir, a suite of sorts. Maybe the top floor of a house or just a large space with smaller rooms. It would have great light and my favorite color on the walls. Soft butter. The bed firm and covered in very expensive cotton sheets. That is one of those things in life you learn along the way. Good sheets are the shit, and the more you wash them the better they get. I would like a window seat and a living room in my bedroom, a fireplace and library. A claw foot tub that is deep and long. A separate shower with heated floors and perhaps a heated bench seat in it since it is my fantasy after all. The bedroom should encourage sex in all its nooks and crannies and I'm thinking a bench in a shower would have many benefits and how could it be wrong to have the damn thing heated? Especially when I imagine it in porcelain tile. A towel warmer...and sumptuous rugs with the sumptuous moving into carpet of the same on the bedroom floor. A closet that is organized with shelves and drawers. Sexy, heavy, warm curtains for cold nights maybe in Scarlet.

No comments:

Post a Comment