"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Draw me a map


Draw me a map, that leads me back to you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zFGPYR5mdFM

This is one of those songs that I will love for my lifetime. Something about the music and the words just make me yearn and at the same time happy. I wasn't planning on writing today, but I just spent much of the morning reflecting deeply on the whys and how's of what I think deep in my soul and saying them out loud. As I finished writing it all down in an email and hit send. I could hear this song in the background coming from the living room, my Dad loves this radio show on Sunday mornings with Ed Dailey, "Legends of Country." It is a ritual with him and one of my favorites now too. But after it is over the new country comes on and they always play this, and I love Dierks Bentley and this is my all time favorite of his. So one of my favorite quirks in life is how the little things tie everything together and viola I have to write this idea down.

Another of the things my Dad and I have in common is that we can spend hours studying maps and are never lost because we always know where we are. But in the same breath the words to this song make my kind of sense. "Help me find the road your on, I just need directions home." Sometimes I feel lost and restless and this morning I found the answer is an anchor. The freedom to travel in my mind, create write and be lost for hours in another world and then have an anchor back to reality where it's home. Home.
The answers are not always far away sometimes they are right in front of you.

The email I wrote is the answer to the question of why I want to be traveling and living in other places but not really. And on the other hand shouldn't life come with a soundtrack. I think that would be the coolest, the song in your head that you hear should always be playing in the background. The life soundtrack. So that would be the perfect trip for me, the right soundtrack, person and a map back home.

Since I'm in a music and writing mood this morning, thinking about the songs that would be on my soundtrack of life. I'm going with the first three that would be on it. My all time favorite song in the entire history of the world. That would be number one on my soundtrack of life. 'Feels so right' by Alabama. How can you not love a song that begins with the words. "Whisper to me softly, breathe words upon my skin."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I0hQmC_8yi4&feature=related

and the third and final song that give me chills. every. single. time. since the first time I ever heard it. 'Shadow on the sun'. It's sexy, slow, dark and hard just like life sometimes and the line that starts. "Those inside my head, bolted from within".... just makes my kind of sense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zhSRNFeQpM

No comments:

Post a Comment