"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Calypso...The search to answers to questions unknown

Moke

I love music and happiest to surf through the channels when on a solo road trip to Roslyn to see my boys, finding a song for each passing mood and mile. Yesterday I came across John Denver and Calypso.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35x_rwyBh-8

It is also a dance style that I brought up in conversation recently and learned while on vacation in Barbados. My niece The hills of Tara and I went there in 2006 and we took a snorkeling trip on a catamaran and at some point we had a lesson on how to shake that thing from one of the guys working on the boat. We just could not shake him after we docked and for the rest of the trip. So now after listening to John Denver's Calypso whom he wrote about Jacques Cousteau and his boat named Calypso. I find that they are nicely intertwined in my little world of writing somewhat useful information. I have included Sean Paul who features some Calypso dancing in his videos (The Barbodians love his music). While visiting the island we rented a moke (Flinstone like car, see picture above) and road tripped all over that island. A year later my boys and I went on a cruise with a stopover in Bridgetown Barbados.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cy8eIhenr0w&feature=related

The places you've been too, the things you have showed us, the stories you tell. I guess this is reflecting the mood of the month, pure wanderlust. Yesterday I drove to Roslyn to hang with #61 and Mickey Blue Eyes. It is also mushroom season so number #61 and I headed out to my secret spots and were lucky to find some morels just breaking through the thick leaves in the first spot.

Crouching down and letting the eyes adjust to the forest floor, inhaling the scents of musty fungus. Slowly they appear, almost growing before your eyes, because you missed them the first couple of sweeps with the eye. We checked the second spot with no luck and we did not have time to hike the two hour round trip for the location that usually brings the mother lode. We took them back to the house and I cleaned half. Nothing tastes as good as that first batch of fresh wild mushrooms sauteed with onions and garlic.

The boys headed to Seattle and I drove down the road to the Spirit Mine Liquor store to see Sassy Red Head before hitting the dusty trail and turning that dial on the radio looking for the song that suited the mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment