"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Friday, April 15, 2011

On the rocks



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LefQdEMJP1I

Eww baby baby said sweet and sexy like the taste of Irish Cream Whiskey on the rocks. Feeling some Pitbull and T-Pain for musical accompaniment this soggy Friday evening. Met Slo at Cousins for some chat/face time and now back home trying to come up with a blog theme.

I have some ideas:
Bailey Irish Creme Whiskey because I have been drinking it in the last hour.
My road trip tomorrow.
Shopping: because I actually did some. I had to drop a wad at Walgreen's for basic necessities and that shit ain't cheap.

Having some trouble coming up with the idea and flow. Ah ha... secrets. Yeah that's what I want to discuss, secrets. I have been asked to keep many in my life.

Secrets are a dark dirty stash of power.

I'm asked all the time at work to keep them. I kind of like that part of the job. Knowing important stuff before it happens to the rest of the world and with Amazon it is the entire world. 

At one point in my life I had so many secrets I was keeping, that when I had to get my wisdom teeth removed a close friend thought it would be best if she drove me to and from the appointment versus my husband at the time (one and only husband, that seemed to imply I might have done marriage more than once.) She had heard this rumor about how anesthesia can make you spill your beans. So in her best interests she drove and it just made me sleep like a puppet on the string. I had brief moments of humor and alertness only to collapse into the sleep of the dead in random moments.

But truly getting to experience Anesthesia.... now that was the shit.
 
I went to the net to research secrets, to perhaps find intriguing history or other useful tidbits of information and found that I was disenchanted with that whole idea after going to a link called treasure chest and read a couple of secrets about girls being raped by parents and the next site was... well let's just say I'm going to move onto another topic not feeling the secret thing any longer.

Irish Cream Whiskey next passing idea... However after once again hitting the web for further research, find it sadly disappointing to realize my drink of choice was invented in the 1970's.

It has less history than I do.

And for the life of me and my laptop I cannot get the Baileys website to open, moved on to Carolan's which is a honey based cream whiskey and its website worked, but lacked in creativity as well as history as the second best selling Irish Cream Whiskey in the world. Better luck with Saint Brendan's though, it had a decent website and through their chosen name some history with the Saint. Liked the bit about him being a traveler. Plus it's cool I have been to all the locations mentioned even Bushmill's which they secretly don't mention by name.

Saint Brendan's Irish Cream Liqueur is named after Saint Brendan the Abbot, a celebrated sixth century monk known for his remarkable travels. His adventurous spirit guides us while we seek out the most authentic, all-natural, Irish made ingredients for our Irish Cream Liqueur. Our triple distilled Irish whiskey is crafted just steps from the Giant's Causeway on the northern coast of Ireland in the world's oldest distillery. Our cream, pulled from the finest milking cows in Derry, gives Saint Brendan's its full, rich texture. When we combine the two in our Londonderry facilities we form the truest Irish Cream Liqueur available on the market today.


No comments:

Post a Comment