"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Stuck in Colder Weather

I love the first line of a book, especially a well thought out first line that grabs you and you have to read it over and over because it is so intriguing. Or a line in a song combined with music that makes you just....

might understand life for a minute.....

Sometimes the words flow and form in a confluence that catch your attention and I experience a moment of brief peace. I'm so restless these days and for many reasons; spring is slow to come and I'm tired of the cold wind. I'm out-growing my location, job and other such things.... and want to be gone and in a new place. A freedom that I can taste when I swallow because it is so close at hand.

A friend once called me 'flighty'.
I replied, "No I'm not. I'm just restless".
Flighty implies (in my opinion of how the word feels on my lips) that I'm not responsible or timely and can't make a decision. I'm not that. I just feel like I'm being called to leave, that I'm not in the right place, a pull that is so strong that I have to fight the yearnings because of my responsibilities.
With some disappointment in her still, reflecting back at that moment. A change of scenery, location and making new friends is calling to me constantly and maybe that is why it appears to her I'm 'flighty'. My sister and I love to drive and take road trips; and one of the best parts of us, as a pair traveling together is that we don't like to backtrack....taking the same way twice is not an option unless it is the only way out. Some of my restlessness comes from the fact that I don't want to backtrack to a place I have already lived.

I want to go and I want to go far.

There is this song out now by The Zach Brown Band that I love called 'Colder Weather'.

"Your a rambling man and you ain't ever gonna change. You've got a gypsy soul to blame and you were born for leaving. Born for leaving."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oouFE51HcqM
Click above if you want to listen to it....
 
When I first heard that line, It answered something for me...
yep that's why I'm restless. I'm itching to leave.
Plus I get bummed by people who don't want to change or are scared of adventures. Paralyzed by fear and cannot leave or go even when they are stuck in ruts. A rut is caused by traveling back and forth over the same road; soon a hole forms and then along comes the weather, filling the hole with water softening the dirt which soon forms into mud and the next thing you know you are stuck in mud, deep in a rut unable to move. I find that if you have to keep traveling over the same road, It's best to just go barefoot in the mud so you don't get stuck and lose your shoes.

I then move ahead in my writing process as I do while writing. Thinking about the photo I want to paste for this blog and the feelings behind writing it invokes and wanting to capture a photo of the same. And I enter a couple of phrases in the search bar; restless winds for one and nothing is popping up that I find appealing so I change my phrase to blustery weather and up pops this photo.



And how could you not be intrigued by this? It's comical yet brilliant. Then I look next to it and there is a poem and have to shake my head in how this whole damn blog get's tied together with restlessness, weather, a song and poem all of the same ilk and a photo that is whimsical yet shows sad longing. (Or perhaps just misery, boxers in the rain and such, but they don't seem to be in a rush....)

The Rainy Day

by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
The day is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
The vine still clings to the moldering wall,
But at every gust the dead leaves fall,
And the day is dark and dreary.
My life is cold, and dark, and dreary;
It rains, and the wind is never weary;
My thoughts still cling to the moldering Past,
But the hopes of youth fall thick in the blast
And the days are dark and dreary.
Be still, sad heart! and cease repining;
Behind the clouds is the sun still shining;
Thy fate is the common fate of all,
Into each life some rain must fall,
Some days must be dark and dreary.

No comments:

Post a Comment