"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Monday, September 5, 2011

Sit, sat, set.


Fresh home from a drive to return my baby. Three things have been on my mind all morning. A couple of conversations with friends, that keep running through my mind. Sit, sat, set. The second is the book I'm working on and the last something I read about this morning that I plan to change and use for myself. Since the final thought is short and sweet I will start and finish it here in this first paragraph. Here is my version of what I interpreted.

"Do what you want for yourself that makes you happy and the right man will find you there."

I keep looking for this certain man, that I met once and we have never found ourselves in the same place again. Missed chances and meetings. One decision decides the fate of the day. I have read a couple of books lately that bring this up and it made me think of him. I wonder if he looks for me. I looked for him yesterday in Roslyn.

But the thoughts of him and books and writing keeps being replaced by a conversation that keeps going around my head.
Sit, sat, set. Sitting, where are we sitting?
Pronunciation and irritation.

But we all are guilty with each person we meet. The use and pronunciation of words seems to be something we all correct each other with. Actually most of the time I don't say anything because it seems demeaning and then of course I'm also guilty of misuse myself so then it would be self righteous as well.... So when I'm teased; it makes me wonder why the other person seems to go on and on. Is it because they are jealous in some fashion, because after a while teasing is not an endearment or sign of affection or is it? And we can't all really be right with words all the time. It happens all the time though, on the news, between friends. So many words, so many ways to say them, so many different meanings.

Also at one point I mentioned that my next husband would have to be able to spell. So is this payback for at some point thinking and acting self righteous. Man its hard to be a decent person all the time.

It's hard to be politically correct, it's hard to be grammatically correct.

What is proper? What is the proper etiquette.

Earlier in the day, having had a conversation with my ex-husband and he kept saying words wrong or adds an (s's) to something that should not be plural.... I just let it go because I do not want to demean him and he is a smart guy just not well read, only to have it turn around later in the day for me at a friends house.

Perhaps we should all walk around with electronic dictionary's and pronunciation guides so as to not offend each other.

The other thing that is on my mind today is the line; "You would eat him alive." or "You would chew him up and spit him out." Again I was talking to my ex-husband yesterday about a woman we both know that actually has been through five husbands and I got to thinking about being told the above about myself and the difference between me and her. She swallows them whole, mentally, physically and financially but unlike a black widow or praying mantis she leaves them breathing when she spits them out.

In my case if they are not the right guy I don't want to do all the rest, I just spit them out before they leave a bad taste in my mouth, preferring to get rid of them early and avoiding ripping there hearts out. So does that make me a nice girl or a bad girl, kind or mean...........well you get the point.

Words are words are words.

No comments:

Post a Comment