"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Sunday, October 16, 2011

A little vacation

After training for two solid weeks and having around five schedule changes in the last month, I took a deep breath and submitted for some vacation time. I switched teams at work, joining a pilot team that is somewhat of an elite team and that was how I began October. The month of September and the beginning of October were filled with fun and games and now Q4 begins.

As I mentioned September was action packed beginning with dropping my parents off at the airport and they headed to China to watch potatoes and corn grow. The weekend came and I drove over to meet Mickey Blue Eyes and we headed to the technical school he is interested in and then I drove to my sisters and we went to dinner at Endolyne Joe's. Someday that will be a tax write off, because we took an after dinner walk so I could take photo's and study the neighborhood, research for a book that has been knocking around in my head for awhile, 'Curador' is how I have come to refer to it as. This evening we had some rare time alone with her youngest daughter while the older kids were boating. The following day was more of the same; we lounged on  a blanket covered grass slope above the pebbled shores of Lake Washington hanging with the baby, providing food and pit stops for the boaters. Summer was delayed this year and it was a rare hot and clear blue sky day in the heart of the Puget Sound. 

The next weekend I attended Zac Brown at the Gorge with friends. Driving the back way along the river to meet them at Vantage. What memories that drive provoked. Hanford, Midway, Desert Aire, Mattawa, Shawana and the dams. The locale of my early youth. Midway now gone, so gone that if you look nothing is there kind of gone. But on second glance there is a road and entrance. But the houses, trees and community gone without a trace. Eerie because I can remember napping in the house nearest the sub station, playing in the park and wishing to be riding the horses housed in the corral next to the steep slope of the river gorge and the only thing that remains is the subway station. The houses and trees completely gone, vanished like the land of never was.The Vernita Toll Bridge has been paid for and is now just a bridge. Desert Aire has grown and I don't recognize it so much and as I pass by Buck Owens Hill, was shocked at all the new housing in Mattawa. I kept driving and didn't stop till Vantage.

The first weekend of October brought lawn tickets to the Uproar festival. Me and the girls stopped in Cle Elum to pick up my boys and we made our way to the White River Amphitheater for the sounds of Seether, Three Days Grace and Avenged Sevenfold. Traffic after was a bitch.

I made a day trip and took #61's senior pictures, we had a date after to see Killer Elite. At first he was cranky about the photo's but loosened up on his favorite back road drive. Later in the day he revealed he had a Gears of War hangover.

Basically did not write much at all. But I saw some great bands this summer and had some good moments with my favorite boys in the entire world.


In the circle of life I'm ending the dry spell of the blog where I began at my sisters.

Oh and I almost forgot, got this years boots for the boot collection.

Uproar Prefunk

Zac Brown Pre-funk

My Chicka's


No comments:

Post a Comment