"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Peace and Quiet

I don't have much to say today. Taking a week off from writing books but trying to write in some format, but pretty dry for ideas. The last time I was in Roslyn I went to say goodbye to Jim, as he was leaving for Chile and Nick was in the bar meeting up with him too. And Nick said something to me I have been reflecting on for days. He said, "You look really good. I mean really good, what's different?" Nothing that I could think of, because I have not had a face lift, but suddenly this week it came to me. I'm happy and at peace.

I applied for three jobs yesterday in Seattle, making myself shake my head in surprise. But KDP was hiring and another job looked intriguing. I have stated many times at Amazon that I want to go to the KDP and there suddenly there were two job openings in that department and a cool one at Zoot. What prompted even looking for a change was of course...my horoscope for Sunday.

"Today much of your mental energies, and possibly your physical energy, are likely to be directed toward career matters. You might find yourself re-evaluating your goals and ambitions, Shannon, and possibly considering other possibilities. The desire for additional income might be the catalyst that gets you going, but there's more to it than that. This is definitely a good day to give thought to a number of options. By this time next week, you might have actually made a few decisions."

So I thought what the heck... Mostly I'm ready to make more money methinks, and then the path of life and fate might need a bump to see where I'm supposed to end up. My parents are off in Cali and I have some time alone for the next two weeks. My baby is turning 18 in a matter of days, it's his senior year and I want to go home.

No comments:

Post a Comment