"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Winding up and down

I have pretty much taken the month off from writing and almost got up to write a blog yesterday from my nap, but then as always told myself I would remember what my subject matter was in my mind and then as always I forgot when I got here this morning.  I had an idea and it has flew the coop, instead what is on my mind are dreams and my growling stomach. My dreams have been quite memorable of late, but this morning on my day off, I woke in the dark not remembering what it was that woke me. As I went to sleep last night my stomach was growling, loudly and this morning it is the same.

Tonight I get to make and eat dinner fresh rather than packing it up and taking it to work. I plan to make Green Onion Pancakes and Mu Shu Pork. The green onion pancakes are rather divine flatbreads and I'm sharing the recipe.


1 1/2 cup of flour
3/4 Cup of water
1 Tbsp of vegetable oil. Plus 3 more for frying
1 Tbsp salt
1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions.

Very simple really! Combine flour and water and mix into a dough. Lightly flour a work surface and your hands and pour dough onto counter and knead for five minutes. Cover the dough and let it rest for five minutes. Divide the dough into portions and roll out into pancake. Coat the pancake with a bit of oil and sprinkle with salt and green onion. Fold it up and roll it out again, cook in oil till lightly browned on each side. Drain and keep warm in paper towels.

Eat with Chinese food... We will be eating it with Mu Shu Pork and rice.



And as for dreams this week by far the most intimidating was my favorite! I shared it at work and scared the boys on my team. They will not be loaning or borrowing money from me...Now if I could just get them to stop bumming cigarettes.

Number 61 was gambling with Playstation/X-box buying shit online and through applications with his debit card and was arrested for stealing. I slapped him when I found out he was stealing. And he fessed up telling me he had too, to pay his bills. Then suddenly we are sitting in the living room and the Russians come to the house, and they sat down on the couch across from me with #61 in the middle and tell me "He is into us for twelve K." (add in Russian accent) and I knew we would never get rid of them or be able to pay them back, the loan would grow and change as we all know they do with anyone from the mafia. And as my son sat between him and his bodyguard he made this sound...a moan that I can still hear in real life and I decided there was only one solution.

I shot them both through the head and we fed them to the pigs like they did in Deadwood.

I woke up saying that exact line..."And I fed them to the pigs like they did in Deadwood."

Now later in the real day, Mickey Blue Eyes calls me and says "I won Fantasy Football." He is betting and gambling and just won $500.  So in my mind tying this together to make sense....lol. #61 has been in trouble with the law recently, the older son is gambling and of course I have parents calling me all the time at work for their kids purchasing apps without permission (we give refunds though). And #61 and I watched Deadwood together and they did feed the bad guys to the pigs and if I was a criminal I would want to be an assassin. Happy Wednesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment