"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Negotiation Tactics


Slacking on writing, but not really because I'm in that mode of thinking and planning and forming ideas for a new book. Letting ideas soak. Gathering tidbits of information waiting for the moment is clicks completely. It is coming I can feel it. The other morning I woke up and knew the answer to the layout and flow of the book something I had been dwelling on for a while. I woke up and made a cup of tea and woke Nick up as he was sleeping on the couch covered in a light moss green blanket and told him about it.

This is not a new book it is one I have been thinking about since high school. I find the IRA incredibly intriguing and the women in it even more so. Even more intriguing I'm building a woman who has been raised by a leader of the IRA. She knows how to shoot, kill and make bombs. Another fact even in high school she has been that powerful in my mind... back then I did hours of research about the mental state of a woman and how that type of woman could be capable of killing. How she would be formed in childhood. I don't want her to be a cold blooded killer, a psychopath she has to be capable of loving as well. The woman in the IRA have found this balance. Soldiers.

Even more intriguing is the response from the men in my life with regards to this type of woman. Two responses after putting it out there.. sexy.

A quote I found about women killing in acts of war and then happened to be about the IRA..


"For example, of the women in the provincial Irish Republican Army group that I talked to, not one was coerced; they were enthusiastic about their roles."

Also I'm currently reading Sinn Fein; A hundred turbulent years by Brian Feeney. It is tough read. I have to look up words...
eg: Fissiparous & Internecine

As I sat in my cast iron tub soaking in hot water infused by milk and oil, working out work stress and part of a storyline idea on a cold summer night facing my friend Nick at the other end of the tub; talking to him about a very delicate subject matter, or talking it out with him for the story line I realized I needed to have a delicate discussion with him of my own. To ask if we needed to renegotiate our friendship.

No matter how tough a human thinks they are, they are still susceptible to feelings and caring about somebody. No matter how simple you keep it. Time builds trust, and trust and time build feelings. I'm not sure I ever want to live with this guy. I'm not sure what he wants suddenly. But I like him and care about him and need to know if it is changing at all and if so I have to prepare mentally for it.

So we discussed it later in the bedroom and found a comfortable place for us and what we both need and suddenly I'm free of worries and filled with ideas for life, writing and fun. Practicing: he has me practicing a relationship. I have let him into my life, he has met and knows my boys. Occasionally he spends the night. But he is not the one. But we do have something to teach one another and maybe he is the answer to figuring out the storyline as I practice and conquer my fears of being coldhearted and figure out a character. 

Fissiparous is a tendency to divide into groups or factions and internecine is to be mutually destructive. All things the Irish are guilty of for many different reasons. However two Irish descendents can negotiate a friendly pact of sex and friendship while setting naked in the tub facing each other. Maybe the Irish should have forced the English into the tub with them years ago.

Perhaps if England would have exposed their skin, penises and breasts a little more often... they would not not have had the need to control and conquer the world in such a brutal fashion. Trying to squash out independence, language and customs. The Scottish, Irish on and on....

Although they have softened much in this century. I will give them that. On a closing note; a quote by Danny Morrison, Sinn Fein 1981.

"Who here really believe we can win a war through the ballot box? But will anyone here object if, with a ballot paper in one hand and an Armalite in the other, we take power in Ireland?"

That quote gives me chills. Because she will place that idea in the IRA's head that violence can't always be the answer, but a slow infiltration of politics would be wiser and far reaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment