"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Giving up the Ghost



Giving up the ghost.
Where does that line originate from?

Give up the ghost
1. to stop trying to do something because you know that you will not succeed. 
2. (humorous) if a machine gives up the ghost, it stops working.

The fireflies, too, which sparkled most vividly in the darkest places, now and then startled him, as one of uncommon brightness would stream across his path; and if, by chance, a huge blockhead of a beetle came winging his blundering flight against him, the poor varlet was ready to give up the ghost, with the idea that he was struck with a witch's token. The Legend Of Sleepy Hollow by Irving, Washington

I have resigned myself to give up the ghost. Nothing I seem to be doing is working. I remember having said that in the midst of the meth madness. This moment in time, which seems so much like that time. I have to do something different. So I'm giving up. Letting it go. Letting him go. Letting them all go. The good fight for him, for friendship is not working and it is causing stress and harm to swirl in a vicious cycle all around me.

Hunkering down for some writing, even more writing then I'm doing. Nanowrimo is just around the corner and I'm trying to empty my brain of my personal strife and focus on creating and pouring out a story of others. Just around fifteen days till the beginning of November and trying to find the thread of the new book. The thoughts of it confused by the turmoil in my life and wanting to write it all down as well. Get it out.

The next two weeks there is no Sunday Football to look forward to which will also be nice so that yes, I can back down and out of a situation that is focused on me. With my own guilt of instigation, the only way out is out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment