"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Sunday, March 6, 2011

Embarkation of Mimosa Mornings

The lovely and fragrant Mimosa Tree.

All week I have been thinking heavily about something, someone actually that has been riding the fringe of my thoughts. Need to run downstairs and grab my cup of tea while organizing thoughts. Added in a couple loads of laundry and perused through a cookbook and now back at the writing desk. My horoscope of the morning is inspiring and sometimes a direct line to my own thoughts, and also the name of my blog. Too cool.
Move quickly today, and don't stop for anything or anyone. There are many opportunities around. This is a terrific day to get your creative juices flowing. Have you ever considered writing a book? Perhaps you should think about creating a children's story, a novel, or an autobiography. Take the inspiration of the day and put it too good use by getting some words down on paper.
This guy on the fringe of thoughts may very well be younger, actually when aren't they? With the exception of The Last Frontier (RIP) they always are. He seems to be quirky and interesting. So what I'm deliberating is how to be interested and show it. Say his name? Smile? Start a conversation? All those things are wingman needed situations in my little world. Perhaps I could muster up a Hi and say his name. Once upon a time he did the same and now I'm paying attention.

The spiderweb fine buds

Final day of the weekend, and I have another bout of exercise planned with my peeps and breakfast with Mimosa's, then off to Yakima to meet up with #61 for the afternoon. I'm needing some quality time with him and he accepted my offer of meeting half way.

And finally the Mimosa tree. While living in the wilds of hill country in North Texas I would walk past a series of Mimosa trees that sat lording over a creek and a one car railroad tie bridge. On initial inspection they are almost kind of creepy and spider like. But the longer I stand there in the sultry late spring morning, staring at it, the hot pink fringe clusters begin to sway sexily in a breeze. The whole tree reminds me of sex in the summer and fairs in August steeped with the scent of cotton candy. The scent and odd beauty, the slow languishing movements of the tendrils being held by strong leaves. The tree won me over in minutes and that tree is a great comparison to how I like to come to know a person. Plus the drink of the same name is a fine addition to a Sunday morning brunch.

The smell; how to describe? Cotton candy fruity sex?

No comments:

Post a Comment