"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Friday, March 18, 2011

May the force be with you....


Mickey Blue Eyes and I were talking the other day, actually he was on a tear and ranting that the world was going to end in six months. I argued with him till the cows came home, hearing in my voice the friendly arguments I enjoy with my Father every other day.

"Japan, New Zealand, then the tsunami hitting Japan, Hawaii, our coastline. The glaciers are melting. Everything is going to shit Mom. I  need to go to Vegas before it ends."

"Vegas? You want to go to Vegas before the world ends? Why would you choose Vegas?"

This conversation went on and on in lighthearted fun. The world will not end, we as little specks of humanity have no control over Mother Nature. We might end, but the world is not going to end.

Which brings to mind my thoughts of when; government, developers and other such agents try to control the weather, tap into predicting it, or try changing the earth to protect ourselves. 
One of my favorite stories from Roslyn prior to Suncadia building the master planned resort: the developers showed a new map to a local guy. They explained to him the layout and how they had moved the elk migration trail out of the way of some houses. He looked at them oddly and then asked "Did you tell the Elk you were moving it, did they listen and agree?" He said they gave him a look....like he was the crazy one.

The other day I was driving into town, and noticed how a grouping of sand dunes had been turned to farmland. Shook my head at it trying to be controlled and contained with our desert and winds. It did not look like it was going well, shifting sands and all that. Leading me to the conversation I had today at lunch; I made a similar comment when my Dad was explaining to G-man that water was an issue for their farm in China. They needed to tap the river and control the sand dunes. In my mind nature has a way of taking back what she needs when the world least expects it. There are reasons no one should really try to turn a desert into farm land.

.....But they just gave me a look.....like I was the crazy one....

You cannot tell the weather-mother nature what the hell is going to happen, when it's going to happen and how it's going to happen. It just doesn't work that way. She is a powerful force and as a woman always has the prerogative to change her mind just to fuck with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment