"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Sunday, March 20, 2011

Superheros



I was able to retrieve something this weekend that made me giddy with pleasure quite like the high after a carnival ride with your friends.
Why the hell did I wait so long? I wonder as I cross the dark plank wood floors, the heels of my shoes snapping with contact and purpose. Leaving the store with warm pleasure and relief coursing through my veins. My now complete flashdrive in my pocket and #61 at my side to boot.

I stopped in at Radio Shack in Cle Elum with my flashdrive and checked with the team of two guys who are working on my old laptop and were able to get a file of a novel off the hard drive.
I just was not able to function without it....since October.... I have been desolate and lost without those pages. The lost pages of writing for a novel that is currently called Mil (Honey in Gaelic). Granted I have been busy securing my future at Amazon, paying bills and not focusing much on the writing, however my heart was just not in it because of the loss.

A writers block in some form for me, note to self.....that is what your flashdrive and external backup harddrive are for, to avoid six months of self imposed desolation.

I had a pleasant weekend away; hanging with my boys, popping in to see a few friends. Got stuck in a snowbank bright and early this morning with #61 playing hero to his mom by coming to rescue her.

All the way home I focused on my novels, the words of songs and goals in my life.
If I had a superpower, actually let me rephrase that.. my superpower is intuition. If I don't like somebody...I do not like that body. But recently I decided to focus on the first twenty minutes at Amazon and how I felt (I felt like I had found the place I was meant to work... love the motto... "work hard, have fun and make history" plus they have two offices in Ireland and it is never boring, they embrace creativity and uniqueness...) and that is what I needed to do with my life. Use my superpower of intuition on myself to recognize what I want....stop hindering myself with always looking for something and also denying that something... and make the decision about what I truly want my life direction to be. Stop denying what I truly yearn for and make it happen.

The dream: living in Ireland two years from now or less; working in the job I want, writing and painting.

As the writing of the blog grows with my thoughts, I will end it by saying Cheers to all the superhero's I encountered this weekend. The computer guys, Al & Rod, #61 and myself of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment