"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Amazon women and the sheer delight of boots

Chilled bare feet on concrete; amazing how fast the toes can exchange, warm from the bed heat for the chill of October. It's time to wear socks and boots, at last. I collect boots from all over the world and in the Fall they get to come out of their boxes along with cozy wool socks and be incorporated back into fashion, but not just any fashion....Fall Fashion.

Today I plan to wear my boots that I bought in Northern Ireland with my Niece: The hills of Tara. The three of us including my favorite little sister took an unforgettable trip to Ireland, with my friend Shannon Tate (Scottish Dream Tours). We started the first weekend in Dublin at the culmination of the Hurling Championships ending again the third weekend in Dublin at the all Ireland Football Championships. With County Kerry as the champs and the party to end all parties. I made it back to my motel room in the morning with just enough time to pack and head to the airport. In between the weekends, we toured the entire island South to North clockwise and with a teenage niece in the midst, shopped and studied fashion all day everyday. Also she was considered of drinking age on the island and studied the alcohol just as much as the rest of us. WKD being our favorite....pronounced "wicked." So many naughty details left out in this blog; but each story is a story in itself; the parties, the hangovers and shopping mixed with the scenery and history.

What a trip, at two weeks and three weekends I did not want to come back at all. I could live there in a heartbeat. The rain, the colors and the people. I have been to Ireland three time and love it like Washington. Over and over, I have read what people feel to their bones when touching Irish soil for the first time. I feel it for both my state and Eire. A note of a song, that touches your soul or a taste of food so divine, a delicious piece of heated blanket that warms your toes on a chilled fall afternoon... these things are as close to that feeling that I can come with words.


Yesterday I wore my favorite Franco Sarto brown suede boots as I started my first day at Amazon.com. I was excited to learn they have a office in Cork, Ireland and then finished the evening by wearing them to #61's football game in Granger. We won 42-16. I love how a thought, works itself into writing, and the writing comes full circle encompassing all the ideas to cohesive. Speaking of which while at the game last night playing the Spartans, I came up with my Halloween costume 'Queen of Sparta.'

Today the Mermaid and I are taking our "Moms" to the Woman's expo. First I must dye the grays out of my hair, write a blog, have a second cup of tea. To then dig out those boots that cost a small fortune in Londonderry Ireland.

No comments:

Post a Comment