"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Sunday, October 3, 2010

The Prince of Thieves with the Spanish Princess


Watching the Hawks game with the very happy to be home Grandpa. It is an early one today starting at ten. Alternating working on novel and watching the game dreaming about M&M cookies that I want to make and eat. Actually I don't really want to make them, but in order to eat them going to have to make them. Promised my boys more homemade cookies. Woke late because the sky resembled a war zone. Hazy and dense grays hanging about on the low sage hills, resembling gun smoke and residuals from camp fires. Like a war scene from the civil war is my thought.

Last night went out late, meeting the Spanish Princess at the movie theater to watch again "The Town." Based on the novel "Prince of Thieves" written by John Hogan. I picked up that book (retitled now to "The Town") the other day on the second of three tries at Costco to buy the book "Wolfhall" and read it soon after watching the movie the first time with the mermaid.

Now back to the actual viewing of the movie: paid attention to the words this time instead of being distracted by the action. I really liked this movie. So did princess from her frequent murmurs of appreciation of bad sexy men. She smuggled in wine coolers and we drank them while watching the movie, in cups filled with ice and long straws. It is always nice to be a little wicked. Spanish Princess leans over and says she would love to be wife of criminal, this is why I love her so damn much. Me too.

The only snag was little boy crashed next to me kicking my left thigh with his feet when stretching or startled by the gun fire while he slept. But I'm blissful with Grandpa home and second wine cooler and kindly laughed it off. Reminded me of my son's when they were little and you have to wake them up to move them to their beds and they are like odd little robots with their batteries dying, flinging arms and legs in jerky movements. The next time it happened his Dad pulled him into his lap and his son was at that borderline age where he is almost to big to do it anymore, as he snuggles under his Dad's head the rest of him flowing across him and out into the seat he was laying in....but you hold onto the last moments of being able to hold them like that and I love that in a man, the soft part of being a Dad that loves his child.

Woot woot! Seahawks are on the board. The remnants of breakfast are fast fading from my stomach. The change from sun and summer to the October gunmetal skies has me also thinking about potato bacon soup and homemade fresh bread. Going to make that right after I make those M&M cookies.

No comments:

Post a Comment