"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Friday, October 1, 2010

Indolence versus decadence




Today I have a mandatory day off, due to a cut in hours. Making it in my mind decadent, then I looked up the meaning of the word and was sadly disappointed in its actual definition. All this time I thought it meant something luxurious and special. NOPE. It means the losing of morals and as badly as I would like to say that I was going to spend the day having an illicit dirty affair with a very sexy married man over beers at lunch in his office, I really had intended to lounge around in my jammies with a cuppa and write.

So had to go find one single word for what 'today' would mean to me and it ended up being indolence but it is not yet right either. I had big plans to write and work on finishing the novel I'm working on, but faced with a day full of freedom to do so, I got stage-fright.
So I sat down, did the rounds on Facebook then went to the back up plan of interviewing my characters, to get in touch with them.
Part of the problem is also the removing of a week long immersion in another book idea... writing furiously on every surface available, basic research and just a total check out from life. I was on zombie mode for most of the week trying to get the basics down and out of my head. I wonder if other writers feel like this when they get hit with an idea. It consumes me, the conversations between characters that are before I know it..literally outside my head and I'm talking to myself. The visions of scenery, houses, characters making me lost so deep in the storyline that when the damn phone rings at work I'm angry that I have to work.
So....that works and I get beyond the stage fright, I'm back in the other characters. Pick up the phone and call my sister and an hour later I'm back at it again with no problems.

For lunch I went and had street taco's with me favorite mermaid. Then thought while out, I will hit Costco and the bank. Want this book called Wolfhall and have been to Costco officially three times now with no luck. Even though this third trip was the actual computer says date.... No go... but I ask you. Doesn't anybody work anymore? The place was packed and so was the damn bank and I thought I could be at home writing and texted mermaid with all this info and that I was returning to Hawaii (current books current location). She says to me Alpha, which doesn't surprise me but thought it odd in this context. (Not something I really want to get into explaining). So I replied promptly...bleeder. To which she replies she meant Aloha and I had to LMAO. Which makes no sense to the average lookie loo but still sends me into laughter. Now enough procrastination back to the real work. Ah wait cool dance song is on.... and it is fitting..feeling like a zombie coming back to life...

No comments:

Post a Comment