"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Sponge Bob Oddities



So, today at work I learned how to para-phrase and a key word in para-phrasing is So.. I like that... makes it easy. Para-phrasing is a kind way to parrot someone. Which I'm not sure how this beginning sentence will tie in with the rest of what I'm going to write but these things have a way of working themselves out. Let's see what happens.

The odd things in life I truly enjoy are meeting random peeps anywhere that strike up peculiar conversations with you.  Yesterday I'm in the restroom at work washing my hands, and a young woman with a very friendly smile walks my way, stops next to me and starts a random conversation with me.

"Yesterday did you get to meet Spongebob?" I must have looked perplexed by this question from someone I have never met, as well as confused, because she quickly added. "He was here yesterday afternoon and so was the voice of Patrick."

"No, I did not get to meet Spongebob, I don't believe I knew he was coming." I say kindly as I reach for the paper towels to dry my hands.

"Ohhhh, that is so sad, that you didn't, I was so excited, I almost cried."

We walk out the bathroom door together and she gushes on further. What can I say at this point, I mean really, I don't mean to be grumpy but how do you cry with excitement over a guy dressed in a costume for a cartoon show. She gushed on about it and the moment and how much it meant to her and.... I was just lost for a reply of any type, but decided that I found this whole conversation so amusing that it made me laugh all the way to my desk and that is what I like about life, it's funny as hell and sometimes the oddest conversation can make your day. Because I kept finding myself laughing at odd moments all day thinking about her and her joy in Spongebob.

But I will give her this, it is not everyday that you can tell people that Spongebob was at work with you. Seriously did he come visit you yesterday at work? Yeah, didn't think so. So on further reflection a day or so later if I saw her again, I would tell her she made my day.

And now I have found a way to tie in the whole thing, with today's learning curve and the mastery of para-phrasing on the spot and under pressure. If I could have learned yesterday what I learned today I might have been able to talk some Spongebob language. Let me try and write a few quick one's on the fly.

So, you were able to meet Spongebob, I appreciate you sharing your joy with me.
So, Spongebob is very real to you, no, that's not a good one....
So, your excitement over Spongebob made my day, (once i got beyond the weird part) Thank you.  Alright enough of that.

Spongebob! Squarepants!

No comments:

Post a Comment