"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Sunday, November 20, 2011

Rant of the day


News alert: breathing will get you killed.
 
I have been arguing with this kid at work... and I mean kid.. young enough to be my son..He cracks me up, very open about being gay and I love gay men; actually I love men period. I'm surrounded by them. Digital is a man's world at Amazon and I'm on a team of twenty-five and we have only five girls. The twenty guys are... with the exception of the two close to my own age... all young enough to be my kid. I love them all and they always make me the heavy.

Anyway he was giving me a hard time about smoking. And I can put up a damn good argument about smoking. Everything in moderation is my motto; because If you give up the things you love to live a healthy life style, shocker news alert... you still fucking die.

I eat incredibly healthy, I'm not overweight or close to obese. But once in a while I like a McDonald's Happy Meal. Once in a while I like to have an almond joy candy bar for breakfast and once in a while I like to have a cigarette. I smoke a pack of cigarettes in about three days...so a moderate smoker but still addicted. But I smoke American Spirit without all the additives. The healthy choice for smoking. I like to have a beer or a drink every now and then at whatever time of the day I feel like it......but I will still end up dying in the end..... and yes I could die from lung cancer. However I could die from lung cancer from never having smoked at all. That happens to people all the time, every day technically....something kills them whether they enjoyed it or not .

People run around denying themselves meat, dairy, alcohol, coffee, tea and all kinds of fun tidbits that make life enjoyable. They work out, eat right, avoid second hand smoke, don't do drugs and do the right things  and guess what in the end they still get the same outcome I do...... dead. Just saying.

In life there are a lot of nasty stinky habits... pooping, farting, spitting, burping, tanning and I put up with them from all of you when I don't necessarily want too. I smoke outside and there are nasty loogeys everywhere and it's a disgusting habit, because your snot gets on my boot and then goes everywhere with me for the rest of the day. I walk into a restroom and somebody took a nasty shit from a god-awful meal they just ate, that's a nasty habit, but I put up with it because we all have to poop. But if you eat right your shit would not stink so bad. Coughing and sneezing into your hand and touching my stuff right after is a nasty habit and could kill me. Tanning beds make you stink and make you look old before your time. Smoking is all of these things; disgusting, unhealthy, stinky...but you know what it makes me happy to have one outside in the fresh air. I put up with you and all your nasty habits, stop complaining about mine.

To this kid who could possibly die from aids as a gay man, is he going to stop that lifestyle to avoid it? Probably not because he would be unhappy and miserable and the point is we do only get one life and yeah it sucks to be addicted to things but get this... we. are. still. every. single. one. of. us.... going to have the same end no matter what we do or don't do in life.

DEAD

No comments:

Post a Comment