"If I quieted the voices in my head I would face the day with nothing to write."

“The time to begin writing an article is when you have finished it to your satisfaction. By that time you begin to clearly and logically perceive what it is that you really want to say.” Mark Twain.

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.”
― Roald Dahl
Key:
G-Unit=Grandpa
FLS=Favorite Little Sister
Sassy Red head=Shana
True Friend=Laura
Mermaid/Slo/Tripod/Chickas=Shannon 1

Spanish Princess/Tripod/Chicka/Vette =Yvette
#61=Youngest son
Mickey Blue Eyes=Oldest son.
BFTP (Blast from the past)/The last Frontier=gone
Big Jim as himself
Vitamin C as himself
G-Man=Garth/Bossman.

Nick as himself

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

True Grit

After debating, perusing and conversation #61 and I settled on True Grit for our movie choice last Friday night and upon waking the following morning found that title on my mind. It meant something different than what I always took it for. Meaning yes, I knew it was a title of an old western but without ever having seen it or read the book I did not understand it's nuance.
"He has true grit."
Holding onto something or a moment even in the toughest of times and persevering till it is completed.

Up till now I thought it was seriously the name of a horse, a nickname or like I said just a title. I was pleasantly surprised and really enjoyed the movie.

I like to think I have true grit.
In the last few years I have had to buckle down and change a lifestyle. Single... single motherhood has brought out self-reliance,  perseverance and I find myself surrounding myself with the same type of friends. I don't have much patience for weak whiners. I love the friends I have; they are all strong woman and a couple of them are going to Hawaii this week and damn.... I wish I could have swung it! But I have responsibilities, commitments that I must complete first.

This is a hey to two fine woman with true grit who deserve a great vacation and know that your white tortilla will be thinking of you, with thoughts that your cute asses are sitting on the beach; relaxing...of course while drinking and deserving of the good things, that life has to bring you. Travel safe my chica's!

No comments:

Post a Comment